STEAM Dual Credit Course Offerings
Dual Credit Information
New Opportunity for Spring 2017
BCTC Campus Afternoon Courses: Current juniors and seniors who have successfully completed at least BCTC course in the Fall 2016 semester (COM 181 and/or PHI 120) will be allowed to take up to 2 courses on BCTC's campus in the afternoon (in conjunction with afternoon internships). STEAM will not cover tuition for these courses. Tuition will be charged directly to students/families at a dual credit rate of $156 per course. Additional expenses (course fees, parking, student id, books, etc) may apply and will also be the expense of the student/family.
Dual Credit Courses Taught at STEAM Academy
STEAM junior or senior students meeting the eligibilty for the University of Kentucky, Kentucky State University, Morehead Staue University, or BCTC may take the following courses. Note: prerequisites vary by course and university.
For Spring 2017, STEAM will cover tuition for the courses taught on our campus. Students or families will be expected to purchase or rent all necessary textbooks.
Spring 2017 Dual Credit Course Offerings
- MA 109: College Algebra (3 hours--University of Kentucky) taught on STEAM Campus by Mr. Pigeon (prerequisite: ACT Math Sub Score of 22)
- ENG 100: Writing 1 (3 hours--Morehead State University) taught at STEAM Academy by Mrs. Reno (prerequisite: ACT Composite Score of 18, ACT English Sub score of 18, and 3.0 GPA)
- ENG 200: Writing 2 (3 hours--Morehead State University) taught at STEAM Academy by Mrs. Reno (prerequisite: ACT Composite Score of 18, ACT English Sub score of 18, 3.0 GPA, and successful completion of Dual Credit English 100)
- MA 153: Statistics (3 hours--Morehead State University) taught at STEAM Academy by Mr. Pigeon (prerequisite: ACT Composite Score of 18, ACT Math Sub score of 19, and 3.0 GPA)
- BIO 111: Biology (3 hours--Kentucky State University) taught on STEAM Campus (prerequisite: ACT Composite Score of 18, and successful completion of STEAM Biology with a C or better) *KSU will provide necessary textbooks for this course.
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics (3 hours--BCTC) taught at STEAM Academy
About this page
- Updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2016